Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sleepy Morning of Randomness

I don't want to be at work; I want to be at home, taking a nap.

Not that there's anything new in that.

I feel a little nauseous, but I can't claim I'm sick and go home. It's from the vitamins and allergy meds. I think I need to get myself a second pillbox and start lugging them to work with me so I can take them with food.

I had a vial test for my allergy serums early this week, so I can't go back until next week, which gives me an "extra" lunchtime this week. So Matt and I are meeting for lunch today, which we haven't been able to do for way too long. I'm looking forward to it. Just need to figure out where we're eating so I can budget it into the diet for today.

Yesterday was my grandmother's birthday; I called to wish her a happy one. It was an almost normal conversation for the first few minutes, and then she started looping on asking me how the kids were -- she asked about Penny, and when I was done, she asked about Alex, and then she asked about Penny again. I let it go for about three rounds and then gently diverted her and wrapped it up. But at least she got everyone's name right -- even Alex's.

Matt's office finally went live last night with the release they've been trying to get up for the last two weeks, so he shouldn't have to work this weekend, thank goodness. (Knock on wood.)

Alex is doing the most adorable thing, lately... He's completely in love with Ziggy, and anytime Ziggy is sitting still, Alex will toddle over to him, lay his head on whatever part of Ziggy he can reach, and say, "Awwwww," which is his baby equivalent of a hug. I keep trying to get a picture or a movie of it, but toddlers are highly susceptible to a corollary to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, in which you may observe a behavior, but that it is completely impossible to document or induce it.

(Of course, he's also completely driving poor Ziggy mad... He grabs the cat's tail and paws without restraint and pokes at his face. Ziggy has been baited to nearly the point of biting on several occasions.)

If you're getting the notion that I'm a little scatterbrained today, you're not wrong.

No comments: