Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tired

I just feel exhausted this morning. Possibly I need more sleep. I'd actually intended to go to bed early last night, but Matt and I wound up getting caught up on some of our saved TiVo shows. (I'm up to two TV shows, now: Leverage and Dollhouse. Plus if Matt's watching Terminator while I'm in the room, I'll usually end up watching it anyway.)

The problem with the car turned out to be an assortment of things, in fact. The emissions monitoring computer had gone on the fritz, and three of the four sparkplugs were misfiring, and (due mostly to the 'plugs) there was a buildup of carbon and oil in the fuel system gumming up the works.

Luckily, the emissions monitoring computer was still under warranty, so I managed to get out for less than $500. Still, I'm pretty sure I could have thought of something more fun to do with the money. (New pants, for example.)

At least I got my car back, and I made it to the gym last night. It wasn't my best workout ever, but it was nice to get a break from the Wii. It's cute and fun and all, but I'd never intended to use it daily.

Penny was all over the place emotionally this morning -- she wanted to snuggle with me, she was furiously angry that I couldn't make the pair of pants she wanted appear out of thin air; she was playful and happy; she was clingy and whiny. I would have bet cash money that her sugars were out of whack, but her pre-breakfast check was a near-perfect 101. Sometimes, five-year-olds are just moody, I guess.

(Still, the part where she stomped into my room, completely naked, clenched her little fists, and snarled, "Different pants. Now!" nearly bowled me over with laughter. Also, I was kind of amused a bit later when she came in wearing a skirt and gave me her "how do you like my outfit" look, and then when I started to tell her it was cold and she'd need to wear tights to keep her legs warm, held up a finger and interrupted me, "Ah!" in her best imitation of my own "I'm not going to listen to this and you'd better rethink what you were about to say" tone.)

No comments: