Monday, March 23, 2009

Busybusybusy

It was a mostly good weekend, though yesterday was a bit rough, with a killer headache that I couldn't shake loose; Alex falling face-first into Penny's bath while Matt was putting laundry away and I was on the Wii Fit (he's fine, though both kids were briefly traumatized); and then a bit of a mood crash in the evening (so much for my theory that the swings were PMS).

So I'm still feeling kind of low and colorless and blah today, though at least not actively depressed, which I guess is good. I need to pull it together, though, because the next few days are going to be simply insane, and to a lesser extent, the next couple of weeks.

Today is my usual hectic Monday with meetings, etc. -- and I really have to get to the gym at some point, because tonight is Penny's school program. I'll be leaving work a bit early to go home and make some dinner for us to eat on the road, because it's most of a half-hour drive to the school where they're doing the play, and Penny has to be there at 6. (Matt and I already decided that he's on baby duty for the play, because I am the Multimedia Woman. Expect pictures in the near future.)

Tuesday I have an appointment with my OB/GYN so he can "investigate" the abnormal tissue in my cervix. I anticipate that being just oodles of fun.

Wednesday morning is Alex's 15-month checkup. And once again, I have to fit a trip to the gym in during the day, because that evening Penny has a birthday party to go to, after which I have book club, so neither the gym nor even a Wii Fit session are going to be possible.

Thursday and Friday are more or less "normal" (though it should be noted that Fridays, for me, are as lousy with meetings as Mondays). Saturday evening, Matt has his monthly D&D game.

Then next week, Penny has an appointment with her endocrinologist, and I'm taking her to see an acrobat show (a double-treat, as she'll be up way past her bedtime on a school night), and that weekend we're going to get together with the Hickses for Kevin's birthday.

After all of which, juggling Penny's spring break will probably feel positively luxuriously indolent.

No comments: