Monday, December 14, 2009

Home Stretch

No major events this past weekend. We dropped in on my folks long enough to give them some cookies and visit for a few minutes. Matt took Penny out to lunch, and had his D&D game. I dashed out through the pouring rain to buy myself a new winter coat, because I've been too cold in my windbreaker and my old winter coat is the size of a small tent.

(Yay, Christmas sales -- I got a wool coat, a new pair of jeans, and two pretty Christmas fleece shirts all for about $130. The retail cost on the coat alone is almost $200, so I feel pretty good about it. Also, I feel pretty good about the jeans, which are a size 12. I actually only pulled them off the rack to see how far I had to go before I could wear them. Whee!)

This week promises a moderate level of insanity: Matt and I need to finish our party planning and move into the party preparation phase. At some point during the week, I need to go out and buy a whole stack of gift cards for my office's holiday party on Friday, which I'm in charge of organizing. I should also try to remember to have Penny take her gifts to her teachers on Friday. And figure out if we're getting gifts for the daycare teachers or not. Saturday is our Christmas party. And on Sunday is our family party for Alex's 2nd birthday, for which I've promised to make the dessert. (Penny thinks we should have cupcakes, which is fine with me. Though I may not bother attempting to stick to diet-friendly recipes and just go for the boxed cake mix and frosting. We'll see how ambitious I'm feeling.)

Which is all completely in addition to the work I need to get done at work, and at least a couple of trips to the gym.

Let the fun begin!

No comments: