Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hooky

I was at work for all of about an hour yesterday -- I wrote up my journal entry, did a little administrative paperwork that has to be done every Monday, talked to my staff to make sure things were in hand and that the schedule hadn't changed, and then I decided to play hooky for the rest of the day.

I went home and finished making the cookies for my book club meeting tonight; and then I gathered up my stuff and went down to visit KT. We sat and chatted for a few hours about not terribly much -- but it was so nice to just be together and relax.

I left at 3 to make sure I'd have plenty of time to pick Alex up from school, and got home with plenty of time to spare, so I packed up the cookies (now that their frosting was dry) and got dinner started.

We had a nice, quiet dinner, and then after the kids were in bed, Matt went off to Rock Band Night. I tried to write for a while -- I got a few paragraphs done, but I was practically dozing off on the couch, so I got through Penny's 10pm blood sugar check, then fed the cat and went to bed. I'm still kind of sleepy this morning, but hoping that'll wear off when I have some coffee and breakfast.

So in summary: a fairly quiet day. Just what I needed.

No comments: