Friday, April 2, 2010

Vacation Time

Spring Break looms! Penny has a half-day of school today, and then she's off all next week.

I'll be bringing her to work with me Monday morning, so I don't know if I'll get a chance to do a blog entry that day or not. If I don't, then I'll be in Atlanta for the rest of the week, so you probably won't hear from me again until the 12th, unless something so awesome happens that I feel the need to post from my phone. Be strong, and try to limp through the days without me.

I realized taking the kids to school this morning that I forgot to get the eggs and candy for Alex's class Easter party, and I still need to pick up a couple of baskets for Easter, so I may be skipping my workout today to run to Target and then take stuff up to daycare. Oops.

In other news, I learned yesterday that the official publication date for my novella will be August 14th -- mark your calendars! I have a lot of mini tasks before that -- not just editing, but turning in forms to help the marketing and art departments do their thing. And to go along with some marketing suggestions the publisher made, I started a separate writing blog. It's over here.

Not that I worked on writing much yesterday, despite having a couple of hours free in the afternoon. Matt's been watching Smallville on Netflix lately, and I think the show is cute and watchable but I could mostly take it or leave it... except that I'm well on my way to a minor obsession with the Lex Luthor character. And his father. The dynamic between them is fantastic. Anyway, there's a recurring character in the first season that I was beginning to wonder if she's part of the larger Superman mythos, and I don't know most of the villain's names (especially the alter egos) well enough to match them up against the name in the show, so I hit Wikipedia to find out. (The answer turned out to be no.)

And then I spent the rest of the afternoon surfing about the show. Starting, naturally, with Lex. (I can't help it. Major kudos to the actor, really, for making a character who has that much self-control manage to be so revealing. Also? He's kind of hot.) But then I wandered off into other tangents, reading up on other characters and plotlines and... Wikipedia is dangerous, kids, and don't let anyone tell you different!

Anyway, if you're planning to celebrate Easter, then I hope you enjoy your celebration. And if not, then at least enjoy the approach of spring! Spring Break, here I come!

No comments: