Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Plod

I'm plodding through everything at the moment.

Plodding through work so I can get home.

Plodding through making dinner so I can eat.

Plodding through cleanup and making lunches so I can sit down and relax.

Plodding through the kids' bedtime routines so I can take my shower and get fifteen minutes to myself.

Even sometimes plodding through my evenings so I can just get to bed.

I've always been someone who endured work rather than enjoyed it, but just lately I'm spending an awful lot of my personal time enduring, as well. And I'm not sure why.

It's not every day. I felt fine yesterday. I was even feeling moderately challenged and fired up for work. But today I feel like I'm wading through mud.

It's not PMS -- hormones should have me on the upswing, this week. Is it lack of sleep? Some shift in my diet? The aftereffects of some dream I can't remember? A need for coffee? Vitamins?

Whatever it is, I need to shake it off and reacquire some enthusiasm for at least some portion of my life.

No comments: