Monday, January 3, 2011

Circle the Wagons

I'm back! Let there be rejoicing and... um. You know. Stuff.

I've kind of fallen off the wagon, these last few months, and fallen so hard I can barely even see the wagon any more as I sit, coughing, in the dust behind it. Which wagon?

Well... yes.

Blogging. Going to the gym. My morning exercise. My eating habits. Writing. Scrapbooking. Decluttering.

All of it fell through, either slowly over the last several months, or quickly in the face of other temptations. I could offer excuses (some more valid than others) or I could just acknowledge my failures and make some kind of plan for moving forward.

So. I'm back to blogging on work days, even if it's just a paragraph or two, or even just a picture. My writing blog needs a post at least weekly, too.

I'm back on the diet, more or less. (I'm currently attempting the "eat reasonably" plan rather than the "obsessively track every bite" one. We'll give it a couple of weeks and see if I'm making progress or if I really need the discipline of obsessively tracking.) I hauled myself out of bed at 6:08 this morning to let the Wii scold me for my neglect, and I intend to go to the gym at lunchtime.

I need to carve out some writing time, as well -- and use it as time to actually write, not just poke listlessly at an assortment of half-started ideas. I haven't figured that one out yet, but I'll get there.

But now... I'm back to work, and I have a meeting to go to. Have a picture from our New Year celebration, and click on it to go to my flickr page and see the rest of them.


Happy New Year! What wagons are you hoping to catch back up to this year?

No comments: