Monday, January 24, 2011

Modern Medicine

Yeah, so. Sickies.

My doctor didn't even check me for strep; she heard that Matt had been diagnosed with it and put me on antibiotics immediately. For whatever it's worth, they seem to be working.

Then the next day I wound up taking Alex to the doctor, and he had it, too, along with a case of impetigo. He got antibiotics and an antibiotic cream to put on his nose and lip.

And then Friday night and Saturday morning, Penny was complaining that her throat hurt, too, so Matt took her to the Urgent Care, and now she's on antibiotics.

WHEE! A whole house on antibiotics. Mornings are a hoot.

On the plus side, it was a really nice weekend. We hung out with Braz and Adin and kids, and I threw my Arbonne party. (Though I screwed up and accidentally closed my show without ordering my hostess benefits so I... just don't get them. WTF, Arbonne? Can't even let my consultant place that as a separate order? Seriously, however good their products may be, their hostess/rewards system is entirely too convoluted and needs to be seriously reworked.) And I made a really lovely dinner last night -- roasted winter vegetables and teriyaki pork tenderloin. I've got a serious love on for roasted parsnips right now, especially tossed in with carrots and sweet potatoes. The only downside is that they take a solid hour to roast, so I can only make them on weekends.

This week isn't likely to be any less disrupted, either -- Penny has half-days at school Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and then she's got Friday off. I'll be picking her up on Wednesday, and possibly bringing her with me to work Friday morning. Which means I need to figure out how to rearrange my gym schedule, because I really need to get back on the wagon with that -- I'm about a pound and a half from having to re-join Weight Watchers.

No comments: