Monday, March 29, 1999

Archive - 29 March 1999

Gods, my head hurts. It started as soon as I got in the shower this morning, and has been coming and going in waves all morning. If it doesn't go away by lunchtime, I'll go home and take a nap, and come back at 4:30 to pick up Matt. I hope it's just lack or sleep or something like that, and not that I'm getting sick.

At least it looks like it's going to be a nice day. Sunny and bright and temperatures in the 70s. The kind of day that makes me wish I didn't have to work. ::sigh:: Speaking of having to work, Jeremy read Friday's journal entry where I accused him of being a workaholic, and he wrote this reply.

I had a great weekend. Matt and I made good time on our drive up to Christiansburg, and we got to the Kenney's around 9 on Friday. Friday night we talked and watched TV and petted the animals. Saturday, we had pancakes and bacon for breakfast (gosh, I love visiting friends who like to cook!) and while I was cooking pancakes, my brother's fianceƩ called, and we made arrangements for them to come over. Jen and I had agreed that it would be fun to dye Easter eggs, and I had promised to bring a dye kit if she would get the eggs. Jen had bought three dozen eggs, which, after pulling out the eggs she left uncooked and the eggs that cracked in boiling, left us with about two dozen eggs to dye. Sam's mom had sent her three different dye kits, so she promised to bring those - and she showed up with another three dozen eggs! It took the five of us (Brian didn't want to play) three or four hours to do them all (we weren't just dying the eggs, we were decorating them, and John was an art major...) and when we were done, we had five dozen hard-boiled, decorated eggs. I brought one dozen home with me, but since Matt doesn't like eggs, I don't know how they're all going to get eaten before they go bad...

Saturday night we went out to dinner with John and Sam and two friends of theirs. That was fun, though once we sat down we pretty much divided up into two groups of four. Anyway, I enjoyed seeing John and Sam - I haven't seen them since Christmas, and I don't know how much of them I'll get to see this summer. We took our leave of them after dinner, and Saturday night we sat around talking and watching movies again. I had sworn up, down, and sideways that I wouldn't see Austin Powers, but they inflicted it on me and it was actually sortof funny. At least, I enjoyed the spoofing of James Bond style spy movies. Some of it was unbelieveably slow, stupid, and/or unnecessary, and I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater, but it wasn't too bad.

Sunday morning, unfortunately, Jen was sick, so Matt and I didn't linger too long. We got on the road a little after 10, and made it home right around 3. Matt, the darling, insisted that since I had been driving for over four hours, that he would do the laundry. I put up a token resistance, but was so tired that I didn't bother protesting much. If I haven't said it recently enough, I adore my husband.

Tonight we're having dinner with our friends Chuck and Anita, because we haven't seen them in far too long. Matt was a little irritated when he realized that we weren't going to have time to go to our aerobics class before dinner, but it works out for the best, because we were feeling lazy yesterday and didn't bother with the grocery shopping.

And my headache is still with me. Luckily, it seems to be just a mild throbbing as long as I'm sitting very still. It's only when I move that I get this sensation of having small gnomes mining in my sinuses. I took some Advil earlier, but it isn't helping. I'll try a couple of aspirin, and hope like hell that it's not a virus.

No comments: