Monday, July 21, 2008

Mama Mia!

Whoo, good weekend!

KT and I met up Friday evening -- we had dinner at Ichiban, then went to see Mama Mia. It was a sold-out show, but I think she and I were probably among the youngest people present. Eh, who cares? I love that there aren't any bad guys in the movie and it's all about personal conflicts between good people, and that it ends with everyone happy. I hate to use the trite phrase "feel-good movie" but it really is. After the movie, we got ice cream and wandered around New Town a bit and talked until quite late. It was really nice to re-connect.

Saturday was a pretty normal stay-at-home day, but it did result in the precious bit of fun that I posted yesterday -- Alex continued to laugh at that for the whole rest of the weekend. And Matt discovered a gift card to Outback that we'd forgotten about, so we did Outback takeout for dinner. Mmmm, steak.

Not much of interest happened Sunday, either, except that I took Penny to the Yankee Candle store to see the indoor snow. She had a blast.



She also managed to talk me into a new toy -- the little dalmatian puppy that's in her hand in the picture. Of course, we got a toy for Alex as well (a green hippo) and some candles for me. I did manage to leave the store for less than $50... but only barely.

This week looks mildly busy for me -- two doctor appointments today, one tomorrow (god that makes me feel old), an assortment of work appointments, and book club on Wednesday. (I hate the book so much, I haven't even bothered putting it in my sidebar.)

...and my boss just came in to give me something to occupy all my extra minutes, so I'd best hit Post and get to work.

No comments: