Thursday, July 31, 2008

To Do

My to-do list for the day just keeps getting longer and longer. Here's the stuff that has to be done today, in roughly the order I'll get to them:
  • Fill in timesheet for yesterday

  • Post journal entry (okay, technically optional, but I'm already here, aren't I?)

  • Do PMP (mid-year evaluation and "coaching") for my underling

  • Write 1-2 pages on the benefits of CMMI for a proposal

  • Get next week's menu & shopping list planned and printed (in case I actually get to take my "vacation" tomorrow)

  • Find out if I can take my "vacation" tomorrow (It's in quotes because I'm going to be spending it doing manual labor.)

  • Office "workout" (knee rehab and light weights) (Yes, this is mandatory. I can actually go down stairs again without clinging to the railing for support or gritting my teeth in pain; I'd like it to stay that way.)

  • Host a conference call at 1:30

  • Weekly QA status meeting at 3

  • Leave office by 3:15 for allergy testing follow-up appt

  • Pick up the kids from school no later than 5

  • Either: feed Alex or supervise Penny's bath (Matt gets the one I don't do.)

  • Either: bathe Alex or make dinner (Again, Matt gets the other one.)

  • Wash dishes and make bottles/lunches for tomorrow (Matt usually helps with this)

  • Eat dinner

  • Calculate and give Penny her insulin dose

  • Get the kids put to bed

  • Take a shower


And here's some stuff that I really should try to do today:
  • Review updated Test Plan

  • Review updated Test Procedures

  • Go for a walk, preferably before the temp is over 100


And some things that I would like to do today:
  • Update the photo album

  • Run to Target for diet soda

  • Read some of the book club book

  • Play some WoW


So, yeah.

(Matt told me this morning that he feels a little weird about leaving the house before 7. On days like today, I get a little anxious if we're still in the house at 7:10.)

Updated: 2:00pm

No comments: