Tuesday, July 29, 2008

On the Drive Home

"I know another word that starts with V," Penny said.

"Do you?"

"Yes. V... V... VICK. That starts with V."

"It certainly sounds like it."

"A vick is a kind of animal."

"Sure."

"It's at the zoo. It looks kind of like a cow, but it might bite you! It has really sharp teeth, and if you say, 'Hi, vick!' it will bite you! And eat you up! So you'd better not say that. Just look at it."

"I'll certainly keep that in mind."




"I have a lion, but he's a baby lion. He's a son lion," Penny said a bit later.

"Well, all right then."

"Some sons are boys."

"I'm pretty sure all of them-"

"Some sons are boys, and some suns are up in the sky."

"Um... Yes! Yes, you're absolutely right, sweetie."

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I know you know this but that's one smart kiddo you have got there :D

Anonymous said...

I adore kid logic. It always seems to grasp something universal that grownups overlook or have forgotten.

And I love the sons/suns conversation especially. It reminds me very much of one of the essays by Douglas Adams that appears in "Salmon of Doubt" (his last book, published posthumously).

Kudos to the little miss for "keepin' it real"