Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day to Day

So we watched the debate between McCain and Obama last night. It wasn't quite as laughable as the Biden/Palin debate. I haven't bothered to look at the analyses yet this morning, but it looked to me like Obama came out ahead. Of course, I'm biased, but I really felt like Obama gave the superior showing. I did catch him a couple of times talking around questions instead of answering them directly, but only one of them actually irritated me. Whereas, I swear, every time someone asked McCain a question with "this or that" choice answers, he tried to come down on both sides of the fence.

I admit to being distracted for the first twenty minutes of the debate, though, because I couldn't figure out who he reminded me of, and there was a very forceful "I've seen this before" reaction, especially when he smiled. Finally, it hit me:



McCain is Vizzini.

Which is pretty appropriate, all things considered. "I've hired you to help me start a war. It's a prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition."




I'm feeling a bit off-kilter today. I didn't sleep well. I've got a therapy appointment this morning and I need to figure out why I can't seem to trust her, because otherwise I'm just throwing time and money down a hole. I desperately need to get to the gym -- I haven't gone since last Friday, and I'm getting antsy about it.

No comments: