Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oops

I almost forgot again.

Why is it so much harder to remember to load up Blogger and post than it was to get out my templates and hand-build all the prev/next links?

Anyway, what's going on?

I just came back from getting my allergy shots. Actually, I didn't. Today was a "vial test", wherein they test a new batch of serum to make sure that it was made correctly and won't make my head explode, or something. Vial test is sort of like getting micro-shots, and then instead of getting to leave, I have to stick around for ten more minutes so they can see how big the welts are.

Stupidly, they hurt more than the regular shots. And now my fingers are itching and I'm wondering if it's related, or if it's just one of those psychosomatic things.




Penny has a bit of a cough right now -- one of those scratchy-throat, thick coughs that mean fall is in the air. She's perfectly fine otherwise, but spent most of the morning commute trying to convince me that she should stay home anyway, since she's obviously "sick".

Finally, I said, "Penny, sweetheart, if you're so sick you can't go to school, then you have to spend the whole day in your bed."

That ended that.




Alex was not too keen on being dropped off this morning, for lo! his beloved Ms. Gwen was not in the infant room yet. O woe! Despair!

"Oh, so sad!" I said, and walked away. Staying was not going to help.

Penny followed me out the door in a royal snit. "Mom," she huffed, "Alex doesn't like that!"

It's cute when she's overprotective like that. You should see how irritable it makes her when we try to feed him something he doesn't like.

I can't figure out if it's that he doesn't want to be with anyone except Ms. Gwen, or if he specifically doesn't like the early morning toddler teacher (whose name I still haven't caught), who covers for Ms. Gwen when she's not there.

Either way, he's got about six months to get over it before he gets advanced to the toddler side of the room.

No comments: