Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Monday?


I swear, for a Wednesday, today feels awfully like a Monday.

Alex's fourth tooth is cutting, and he had a restless night. I never had to get up to soothe him, but he woke up several times to whine a little and then go back to sleep.

I went to bed just before midnight, and Alex woke up for good at 5:30. He didn't get fussy, but he crawled around his bed and jabbered loudly until I elbowed Matt out of bed at six.

I'd forgotten to get tonight's crock-pot dinner set up last night, so I had to throw it all together this morning while letting Alex crawl around the kitchen and dining room and hoping he didn't eat something off the floor while I was chopping vegetables.

I couldn't find the blanket that we use in lieu of a coat for Alex. (I did find it after we'd gotten to daycare. It was draped over someone else's baby seat.)

We were halfway out the door when Penny realized that her folder wasn't in her backpack, so I had to go back and dig through the crap on the dining table to find it.

I couldn't remember if Penny's field trip form was due today or tomorrow, but I couldn't find it in any case. Nor had her teacher ever answered my question about who to make the check out to. (I walked her down to class this morning to talk to the teacher and get a new form. I filled it out and wrote the check on the spot.)

There was a bad accident just as we were leaving the residential area that meant I couldn't turn the way I needed to turn to take Alex to school. I wound up going the other way instead, and taking the interstate all the way around to get to his daycare.

When Penny and I got to school, someone mentioned that tomorrow was picture day -- and I have no idea where that form is, either. (I picked up a new form from the front office on my way out, but it means I really need to remember to write that check tonight.)

I was all the way to work before I realized that I'd forgotten my gym clothes. I'll have to either take an extra 15-20 minutes off to go home to get it, or do another evening workout tonight. Which option I pick probably depends on how the rest of the morning goes. But damn, do I need it.

No comments: