Monday, October 27, 2008

That Much Closer

Our JDRF Team, "In For A Penny..." raised a total of $851.74, bringing Penny that much closer to a cure.


(This and other pictures on my flickr account - click the picture!)

The weather wasn't the best, but it only drizzled, and had stopped by the time the actual walk started.

It was longer than the 1 mile promised -- they didn't tell us how long the path was, but it was at least 2 miles, and I think closer to 3. My knee was killing me, and Penny came close to working up a blister on her foot.

But Alex was awesome -- he spent the walk sitting calmly in his stroller chewing on a stuffed frog -- and Penny only whined a little, and I cried to see how many people were there, and when I thought about how much just the three of us had raised.

When I think about how far diabetes management has come in the last twenty years, I have to believe an actual cure will exist in Penny's lifetime, and possibly even in mine.

Thank you, to everyone who contributed -- in money or in emotional support. It means more to us than you could know.

No comments: