Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Could We Start Again, Please?

Looks like I forgot to post yesterday. Oops. Sorry about that, but I don't know what I'd have said anyway.

Today isn't getting the best start ever.

We had some massive thunderstorms roll through between 1 and about 1:45 last night. Normally, I roll over and go back to sleep -- I actually quite like thunderstorms -- but last night I was so positive that one or both kids would wake up and be scared that I was mostly awake for the whole thing. And then, having been awake for so long, I couldn't get back to sleep until nearly 3. So, of course, Penny had a nightmare around 3:45 and came in to ask for snuggling.

(It's weird, the things we find comforting. I snuggled with Penny for a bit, and she still wasn't ready to go back to sleep, but then I did a glucose check, and she relaxed and burrowed happily back under her covers.)

And then this morning, she dropped her glucose meter into her milk. Sigh. I rinsed it out until it stopped draining cloudy water, but I have no idea if it'll work again once it dries, or if residual gunk will foul up the readings... If we have to replace it (I'm giving it about a 50% chance) that's about $50. Not disastrous, but we still didn't need it. Plus now we've got to remember to haul her working meter up and down the stairs with us.

On top of which, she's been having occasional potty accidents the last week or so. We're pretty sure it's just part of the adjustment period for kindergarten (and luckily, she hasn't had any actually at school or at night) but it's still kind of frustrating.

And the remodeling going on at work seems to involve a large amount of drilling today. I've been at work for about 45 minutes, and I already have a headache.

So, yeah, I'd really like to go home and go back to bed for a few hours, and then start today over...

No comments: