Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flicker

I love fall, stupid spiders aside. (And the stupid spiders are out in force this year, and have been hanging out much longer than usual. Usually the birds have gotten them all by now. What gives? Aren't the birds hungry this year?)

But I love fall anyway. The weather these last couple of days has been just perfect - crisp and chilly in the mornings, warm and sunny in the afternoons. I've got Honeycrisp apples for my afternoon snack all this week. I've been burning tea candles in my gorgeous little crackle-glass holder at work for the past week. There are Hallowe'en decorations going up everywhere, and the leaves are finally starting to change colors. (Must make time in about a week or so to go for a few walks with my camera.)

This is my favorite time of year, for about the next six weeks. I need to remember to enjoy it.




I talked to my aunt yesterday for a while, and hashed out a few details on my trip to Atlanta in mid-November.

I'll be taking Penny with me, and my aunt sounded very excited to be expecting us. We'll only be there for a few days (fly down Thursday, fly home Sunday), but she was talking about trying to meet up with some of my cousins, and looking into various things that I could do with Penny. There's a children's museum close by their house, and of course there's the aquarium and the Atlanta zoo. (Penny seemed especially excited by the idea of the zoo, when I mentioned it to her.) I expect it will be a busy trip, but I expect it to be fun, too. I'm looking forward to it. Now, to make my flight reservations, and figure out what I'm packing and how to pack it...

No comments: