Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall

Hey, it's the first day of October! And the weather couldn't be more perfect - crisp enough to need a sweater in the mornings, blue skies and fluffy clouds... Weirdly, the leaves haven't started turning yet. Not even random little bunches here and there. Which means either everything will turn brown and fall off the trees all at once sometime in the next three weeks, or we're having a late fall and everything will still be perfect and gorgeous for my birthday.

You can probably guess which one I'm hoping for.

I'm slowly crawling out from under the stress. The PMS seems to have faded, and yesterday's contract closings are done. There's still the proposal (and my boss added a whole new section to my responsibility list for it yesterday) but I took some of it home last night and managed to get several paragraphs drafted, so that puts a dent in it, at least.

(I also very carefully shaved off enough points to have a couple of drinks last night. I emptied two "airplane" bottles of liquor, and didn't even feel a buzz. You'd think, as much weight as I've lost this past year, that I'd have turned into a cheap date, but apparently not. How very frustrating - I don't drink often, but when I do, I really want to feel it! Oh, well. At least I wasn't hung over this morning.)

I have a list of administrivia tasks as long as my arm to wade through today, but it's all low-key, low-urgency, in-my-own-time stuff. Here's hoping that helps me relax some more.




Penny got into her jewelry kit last night, and made me a necklace, a bracelet, and a "headband", all of which I dutifully wore.

"Daddy, look," she breathed, awestruck. "Isn't Mommy almost pretty?"

No comments: