Thursday, October 22, 2009

Picture Picture

Nothing at work was really pressing, so I took the whole day off.

Instead, I packed a lunch and my camera and went into Colonial Williamsburg to take pictures of the autumn foliage (though it mostly isn't very impressive this year) and random picturesque things. It took me a while to really get into it, but eventually I wound up with a bunch of not-horrible pictures.



After that, I got my allergy shots, then spent most of the afternoon loafing around the house. Matt and I walked Penny home from school, and when she'd finished her homework and practiced for her spelling test today, we all went to pick Alex up from daycare and then went... to Pumpkinville!

Penny, weirdly, was excited to go to Pumpkinville, but once we were there, she wouldn't go near anything even remotely spooky. I had to trick her into following me into the corn maze, and she wouldn't go near the inflatable Frankenstein's monster gateway without one of us with her.

Alex, on the other hand, was All About Everything. He charged from spot to spot as fast as his little legs could carry him, drunk on excitement and freedom of movement. I thought I was going to lose him in the corn maze, he was going so fast.




So all in all, it was a good day, and a much-needed rest.

I'm at work today for a few hours, there being some work that needs doing and a meeting I'm supposed to attend, but I expect to leave early again.

My brain is still shutting down completely around 8:30 in the evening, and I'm getting sleepy at 9 or so. I'm hoping to be able to actually function in the evenings again soon.

No comments: