Monday, October 26, 2009

Line 'Er Up

Week of relative relaxation is done. I worked four half-days and took one day off entirely, and still clocked over 100 hours for the two-week pay period. But it's a new pay period, so it's back to a normal work schedule for me. At least I got the whole weekend off.

Time marches on. Hallowe'en is Saturday, and I've got my wardrobe picked out for pretty much the whole rest of the week. Because I'm just that much of a nerd, yes.

Next week is mostly quiet, though I need to make a bunch of cupcakes for my birthday, since I've told everyone I'm going to make my own cake(s) this year so I can keep track of diet points easier. (Having a lot fewer points to mess around with this year than last year.) And Tuesday is Election Day, and since so many of our local polling places are schools, they've given up and made it a student holiday, so I'll have Penny with me at work all day. That'll be a productive day. Not.

Then the week after that will be my birthday (which I may or may not take off from work), and at the end of the week, I'm taking a couple of days off to take Penny to Atlanta. I'm really looking forward to that.

When we get back from that trip, we'll only be a week and a half from Thanksgiving and Matt's birthday. (I should probably look into getting him a present or something.)

And then there's nothing specific on the calendar for a few weeks, but it'll be December and we'll be into the joyous madness of the holiday season.

The end of the year is crazy-time, but it's a good kind of crazy. And this year, I really want to embrace it with everything. I'm ready for it. Bring it on!

No comments: