Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Play it By Ear

I actually got to go home and leave all my work at the office last night. It felt wonderful. I even managed to get some writing done. Took me a while to sink into the rhythm of it, but once there, it flowed nicely. And I think I'm achieving some success at updating my character who's supposed to be in his late 20s but previously sounded like he was sixteen. The next scene is going to be harder, because I need one of my characters to make a very difficult decision and reverse a position he's been standing firm on for many years, which is tough to do. But I think I've got a hook that will work. I just need to dig up the time to write it.

I think tonight we're having Karen and KT and Kevin and Jess over for dinner, which will be wonderful. Which means I need to run to the store for ingredients on my way home, and I might need to pick up some cheap soup bowls, because I've got a grand total of 4, which means that even if I give Penny and Jess soup in cereal bowls (which is guaranteed to make a huge mess) I'm still a couple short. (Or possibly this is a good excuse to go pick up a set of not-cheap, nice soup bowls. Even better!)

Of course, our table doesn't seat eight, even in a squeeze, so I think I'm going to let Penny and Jess sit at the kids' little drawing table to eat. I'm sure Penny will be ecstatic at this development. She loves to eat at that table for picnics.

No comments: