Sunday, June 22, 2008

100 Things

I am fascinated by the 100 Thing Challenge.

I don't know if I could do it, but I love the idea. I'd have to think about it in stages: Could I get down to 100 items of clothing? Probably; I had less than 50 in my maternity wardrobe, though by the end I was pretty damn sick of re-wearing the same clothes all the time.

Some stuff wouldn't be hard. I could probably get down to maybe 25 books pretty easily; I've already started trimming down my collection to make room for Matt's, and I don't re-read books nearly as often as I used to. I'd have no problem at all dumping every CD I own -- if something happened and I lost my entire music library, there's no way I'd spend all that time ripping all those CDs again anyway. Our 300-DVD cabinet is slam full, but most of the movies are Matt's, a healthy chunk are Penny's, and I'm fairly sure I could cut "my" movies down to 10 or so pretty easily.

Some stuff would be more difficult. How do I count scrapbooking gear? How do pictures waiting for an album count? How many sheets of paper count as a "thing"? What about scraps? Stickers, pages, cutting tools...

What about all the random kitchen and dining stuff that is technically "family stuff" but that Matt would pretty firmly label as "Liz's" -- like the zester and the chopper, or even all the china and silver that I inherited from my grandmothers?

And most difficult of all -- how would I get the rest of the family to play along?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs her Stuff tightly to herself*

Anonymous said...

I have more than 100 things on my DESK!

(And I've been decluttering all year.)