Monday, June 23, 2008

Assorted Stuff

I make no promises about coherence today.

Penny and Alex slept until 6:30 this morning. :-D

...Of course, that's probably because Alex spent from 3 to 4:30 whining and crying, and Penny got up three or four times with minor crises. ("I had a bad dream..." and a nose bleed and "I can't sleep." and...) :-(

Before that, I had an earache for half an hour or so, and then it finally drained a bit, which was even more painful. Once it stopped, it felt much better, but I probably lost an hour's sleep there. :-/

Yeah, I think the cold has grown to include a sinus infection -- one eye is all red and weepy, but it's not puffy or crusty enough to be pink-eye. And my left ear has so much fluid behind the eardrum that I'm almost completely deaf on that side. I always have trouble hearing when I'm not paying attention, but right now even if I am listening, I'm having problems. >:(

At least the decongestant is working. I decided since I'm down to nursing Alex only twice a day, and not pumping at all, that the "drying up" effect that decongestants have wouldn't really be a problem (and, in fact, something of a boon). :-)

But I think I'll probably have to skip my swimming this afternoon. Putting my sinus infection in the water to share with others is just rude. :-(

I'm going to miss it, though. The tight schedule fit is problematic, but I like the swimming, and I'm seeing obvious improvement already. Friday evening, I managed 7 laps. :-)

(When I told Matt, he misheard me as having managed 7 naps. Wow... How awesome would that be?)

We had biscuit pizzas for dinner last night, and as I went to wipe down the stoneware baking sheet, I realized that the bits of loose cheese that had fallen directly on the sheet weren't burnt; they were just browned and nicely crisp. So instead of washing the sheet, I experimented with making cheese crisps, and they turned out amazingly good. And since one "serving" of cheese makes about 8 crisps and has only 1g of carbs, they'll make a good treat for Penny from time to time. (Unfortunately, I don't think they'll keep for more than a day or so without getting chewy and stale.) :-)

No comments: