Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tuesday

So yesterday was Alex's six-month checkup. He is fine and fit and fat, being just a smidge over 26 inches tall (though height/length measurements are a bit suspect until they can stand on their own) and solidly eighteen and a half pounds.

(Another pound or so and I'm going to not be able to carry him in the baby seat without using both hands.)

He got one oral vaccination (which apparently is very tasty; he was giving the nurse his best "more food now" baby bird face). And he didn't cry at all for the first shot -- he just startled and blinked. The second and third, alas, apparently hurt more. But he calmed down fairly quickly, and yay for assorted nasty diseases he won't have to worry about, eh?




I was walking down the hall at work and I saw Becky in Matt's (not my Matt, another Matt) office and she waved and smiled and I returned both as I continued on my way. I got about four steps further and then turned around and went back.

"Tonight is Book Club night, isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"Wow. I keep thinking today is Tuesday, for some reason."

Matt piped up, "Hey, yeah, me too!"

"And it's weird," I said, "because I spent all day Monday thinking it was Tuesday, too."

Matt said, "I did, too! How weird is that!"

"That is weird... Well, apparently, this is Tuesday Week."

No comments: