Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ups and Downs

Up: I'm pretty sure now that this isn't strep throat.
Down: I'm also pretty sure that it's not allergies.

Up: I tried a Pilates class yesterday and found it's not too hard on my knee.
Down: My whole torso aches this morning. Especially my arms.

Up: The Pilates class is Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunchtime and is conveniently close to my office, so it fits into my schedule with only a little squeeze.
Down: Lunchtime is also when I try to plan doctor's appointments and other non-office daytime activities. Next week, I've already got four days (including Tuesday and Thursday) scheduled.

Up: Penny was cheerful and even-tempered in the car on the way to school this morning, which was a nice surprise since she was kind of surly all morning up to that point.
Down: She amused herself for a while by drawing on her window with a crayon. When she told me she'd drawn a fountain on the window, I thought she meant with her finger.

Up: Alex would rather be on the floor and rolling than in his exersaucer. I'd swear he's this close to crawling!
Down: He's this close to crawling! (Also, he apparently likes to roll toward danger. I had him in the kitchen last night and he kept rolling toward the oven.)

Up: I actually get to go home after work and relax today (aside from starting dinner and making lunches).
Down: ...I'm pretty sure there isn't a downside to that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yes... not until I tried Pilates did I learn of muscles in my "Core" that I never knew existed.

But the ups outnumbered the downs! Yay!