Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Better

Yesterday was pretty hectic. Dropped Matt's car off at the dealership, took the kids to school, took Matt to work, did work, went to the orthopedist for my knee, went back to work, picked Matt up, picked the kids up, dropped Matt off to pick up his car, went home, got Penny set up with Dora and Alex with some cereal and pears, and headed back up to the daycare for a Q&A on the change of company.

The orthopedist doesn't think my knee problem is bursitis; he thinks it's a cartilage growth and warned that it will probably take a while to resolve. So I got a cortisone shot and was told to come back in a month, whee. So I'm walking around with a cane today. Amusingly, I discovered last night that putting weight on my leg didn't bother it nearly as much as trying to bend it. So as long as I kept my leg perfectly straight, it was fine. So I'm lurching around like Igor.

The orthopedist was very friendly and enthusiastic. It was nice, though for just one second at the end, I thought he was going to kiss my cheek. (Not intimately, just in that semi-European-greeting way, but it was still a bit disconcerting.)

I feel better for having gone to the daycare Q&A session. We'd been told that the new company (Childcare Network) was going to continue supporting Penny's diabetes care, but I'd rather gotten the impression that it was because they were obligated to do so. Last night I talked to the woman who's taking over as director, and the regional director, and did not remotely get the impression that their attitude was obligatory. The regional director had two diabetic students at her school when she was a school director, so she's done it before, and the new director not only wants to get a backup in place for Penny's teacher, but to eventually have 4-5 people on-site who are trained. So I felt a lot better about that, and I don't think I'll have any qualms about keeping Alex with Childcare Network when Penny starts school (though we'll probably switch to the other location).

No comments: