Thursday, November 20, 2008

Definitely Thursday

Earlier this week, my dad called to tell me that my Uncle John and Aunt Laura were coming to town for a short visit, arriving Thursday and leaving Saturday, and he knew it was a tight schedule, but if we could swing by, that would be great.

I informed Matt, and we made plans to take the kids down to visit on Friday evening.

Yesterday, Dad called and told me that while my mom had correctly remembered the "Thursday" and the "two-day visit", she'd put the Thursday at the wrong end of things, and they'd arrived Tuesday evening and were leaving Thursday.

...Oh.

Matt and I flailexed for a bit, rearranged our mental junk, and went down last night instead.

Alex was a little cranky from spending somewhat over an hour straight strapped into his carseat (he fell asleep on the way home from daycare, so he didn't get a break before being bundled back out to the car for the drive down to my folks') and then a little freaked out by all the large, strange people. He cheered up after an hour of clinging to Matt and I, though.

Penny was adorable, showing off for them and conscripting Laura to play with her, and it was nice to see them, since we completely missed them last year.

But it meant that both kids got to bed late, and I didn't get out of the shower until nearly 9, so I didn't bother to log into WoW except to check some mail.

Note to self - I seriously need to take a couple of evenings off from WoW anyway and get my dang scrapbook caught up, because it's stuck back in May. Oops.

Anyway, whether it was the insane madness and running back and forth that was work yesterday, or the sudden jolt to my evening, or what, I'm feeling completely exhausted today. I can't stop yawning, and all I want to do is crawl into a corner and hibernate.

Unfortunately, I need to get on the phone and try to convince Computer Services that no, really, I do need write permissions for the LAN. Whee.

No comments: