Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yesterday was a Monday, even though it was a Wednesday.

I couldn't seem to work on anything for more than a few minutes at a time before something else would interrupt me.

Part of it is my own fault, I admit -- some of the interruptions were things like chat or the rss feed or twitter, and I confess I wasn't feeling terribly invested in the work I was trying to get done, so it was easy to interrupt.

But even the stuff I was invested in kept getting jostled. KT sent me her NaNoWriMo stuff to read, and even though she's only done two and a half chapters so far, and even though I'm a very fast reader (not the fastest reader I know, but in the top five) it took me two whole hours to get through it, just because of all the interruptions.

Maybe today will go a little smoother. We'll see.

Tomorrow promises to be slightly crazy, though. We've got half a dozen documents and two software packages going out, Alexis is going to be in town so I'm meeting her for lunch, I need to leave work in time to pick Penny up from school, pack her things (not forgetting both kinds of insulin, please!), and drive her down to KT's for a sleepover (dropping Alex off with my mom on the way) and then Matt and I are going to take advantage of childlessness to go out to dinner together. Whew!

Yeah, it should be fun (huge stack of deliveries notwithstanding), but it'll be hectic. Wish us luck. And not-horrible traffic.

No comments: