Tuesday, November 11, 2008

...Ow.

On my way back from the gym tonight, I got sucked into this imaginary conversation that completely killed whatever endorphin high I'd managed to scrounge up and totally trashed my mood. (Yeah, I have Issues.)

Anyway, when I got home and WoW was down, I decided I'd let Kevil finish this little song he started writing over a year ago that was still feeling too rough around the edges to share.

And now, having finished it, I will share. Those of you who know Kevil, however, may find yourselves a bit... surprised. It doesn't mix well with the rest of his oeuvre.


Did I ask you if you'd love me?
Did I invite you in my heart?
Did I sigh of tender feelings,
Or pray we'd never part?

My heart is hid in stone and glass
that your tears won't melt away.
I warned you not to love me
I said I wouldn't stay.

Did I ask you if you'd love me?
Did I hope that you might care?
Did I lay roses at your feet,
Or twine them in your hair?

Did I ever feign devotion?
Did I tell you pretty lies?
Did I suggest I wanted more from you
than the warmth between your thighs?

Did I ask you if you'd love me?
Did you think I could be won?
Did I ever give you tender hope?
Try to understand: we're done.

2 comments:

Glossaria said...

Oh, *ouch.* You're right, that really doesn't sound like him. This sounds like something he might've written after Zoya left and Darin died.

(Oddly enough, the captcha that came up for this was "dedivi," which sounds like Gaenan to my untutored ear....)

Liz Brooks said...

Well, Darin's death wouldn't have made him that bitter, but Zoya's leaving might have, for a bit. Or, possibly, it was a commission. He doesn't necessarily have to be singing from his own point of view, after all.

(Yes, actually, it does. I'll have to save that for the next time I need a word.) :-)