Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

So yep, yesterday was my birthday.

Mmm, cake!

It was nice. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful, and I had sweet, thoughtful gifts from Matt and my mother-in-law. (My parents are saving the "official" birthday for the end of the month, to combine it with Matt's, but I had a card and a little silly present from them, too, so I'd know they hadn't forgotten.)

Matt gave me a replacement exercise ball (I don't use it to exercise, but it's a comfy seat when I'm keeping an eye on Alex in the playroom, and I was surprisingly disappointed when my old one got punctured beyond repair) and a new digital photo frame to replace the one Jill gave us a couple of years ago that stopped working.

And Jill sent a Hallowe'en-themed photo frame (I have to find out where she buys her frames, because they're always adorable) and some new mittens (for our trip up, she said) and a very pretty new shirt. Yay, presents!

Also, Matt got me a coconut creme cake. YUM. You Weight Watchers people really, really don't want to know. The nutrition facts printed on it tried to tell me that a serving was 1/18th of the cake. Okay, now I've been working really hard lately on portion control, but seriously? How do you even measure that? Let alone slice it without the cake crumbling into nonexistence? I re-figured for 1/8 (for Matt and I) and 1/16 (for Penny), figuring those for easier to eyeball and cut -- not to mention actually satisfying portions.

And yes, Alex enjoyed the cake, too.

No comments: