Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Book 'Em.

Book club at our house tonight. Which means that sometime between now and when I head for home, I need to figure out what I'm going to serve, so that I can stop at the store on my way home and buy it.

Good thing I already have a bottle of wine ready to go, I guess.

So I'm leaving work at 5:30, stopping at the grocery store on my way home, getting home and making dinner, eating dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, living room, dining room, and downstairs bathroom (good thing the maid service came yesterday) and setting out chairs and food for book club before 7:30.

Note to self: Don't plan on anything requiring more preparation than "open package, put food on serving dish" or I'll run out of time.




I'm trying out a new "to-do" app on my iPhone. I fidgeted with several free ones, but they didn't have any of the features that made having a to-do application worth the effort of entering things.

This one is missing one key feature that I want, and one or two "would be nice" features, but their website says they're working on the key feature for a future release (which will be free for people who've already bought the app), and it's got lots of other nice features. I don't know if it's going to replace my Daytimer for my work list -- writing is still faster than the phone, especially if what I'm entering has big/long acronyms, which almost all my work tasks do (iPhone really needs a caps lock feature). But I have my phone with me all day, unlike my Daytimer, which mostly just stays at work, so this is a good way to capture personal tasks and things that I happen to think of when I'm not at work.

It's got a matching desktop application, and I downloaded the trial version, just to play with it. It's got more features than the mobile app, which only makes sense, including the feature I want for the mobile app. And it syncs perfectly and wirelessly with the iPhone, which is nice. But since I'm not at my Mac all day, I don't think I'm going to be paying for the desktop app when the trial period runs out. It's handy, but not handy enough to justify the price tag.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

iPhones do have caps-lock. Double tap the shift key, it will turn blue. Click again to turn it off.

Liz Brooks said...

Doesn't work for me in any of the apps I tried it in. How odd. Not to mention disappointing.