Thursday, April 2, 2009

Off By One

I keep thinking it's a day later in the week than it really is. Been doing it all freaking week, in fact.

I'd walk into the documentation office for a status update and say something like, "So where are we on all those Project X documents for tomorrow?"

And the documentation person would stare at me in horror and say, "I thought they weren't due until Thursday!"

"Right," I'd say, "Thursday, which is... not tomorrow. Never mind. Carry on."

All. Freaking. Week.

Last night, packing my lunch for today, I thought, "Huhn. I have a left over cup of EggBeaters. I thought I'd worked it out so I'd use the last one on Friday. Wait. Dammit."

When my alarm went off for the first time this morning, I thought, "Oh, thank god it's Frida- Wait. Dammit."

And then twenty minutes later, as I was picking out my clothes for the day, I thought, "Hey, I could wear jeans, it's Friday... Wait. Dammit."

It is so unfair that today isn't Friday. I'm just saying.

No comments: