Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oddly Not Bad

Twitter is full of people complaining about lack of sleep or poor sleep this morning. Oddly, then, I suppose, I slept just fine, if (as always) not as long as I might have liked.

Also, I had an extremely busy but moderately productive day at work yesterday -- neither bored to the point of twiddling my thumbs, but not one of those stupid-crazy days where I get interrupted every thirty seconds and end the day feeling like I never managed to accomplish anything.

Dinner was a bit odd -- I got ready to make our usual Tuesday night dinner of chicken nuggets only to discover that there were only eight left in the bag -- certainly not enough for all four of us! So Penny and Alex got chicken nuggets, and I went scrounging for leftovers for Matt and I. Luckily, one of my buckets of leftovers worked out to almost exactly the same number of points as the chicken nuggets would have, so I didn't have to scramble to recalculate my day or risk running over.

Then after we got the kids into bed, I had a fairly satisfying wiirkout (rhythm boxing FTW!) and settled into WoW to chat. I don't really have time to do serious questing with my main on nights I have a wiirkout (or a workout, for that matter) so I decided I'd take my "bank" character around to do a bunch of low-level quests. The low-level stuff is fairly close to the big cities, so she's not shirking her bank duties, and I can knock out five or six low-level quests in half an hour pretty easy. (I said I was doing it for the reputation points to make things cheaper, and for the easy exploration achievements, but really? It's just because the low-level quests are so cute and easy.)

And this morning, the kids were pretty good -- occasional whining but no out-and-out tantrums; and calm acceptance if not enthusiasm when I dropped them off at daycare.

So all in all, things are going okay for me right now. I actually got my to-do list at work clear enough that I might be able to tackle a couple of my bigger long-term projects and nudge them a little further along, and head for the gym after my lunchtime conference call without worrying that I'm leaving someone in the lurch.

I'm hoping for a good day, but I'll be satisfied with another "not bad" one.

No comments: