Thursday, April 9, 2009

Weekend Sighted

Okay, so yesterday wasn't quite as smooth and productive as I'd been hoping, but it wasn't a total flop, either, so I guess that's something. Today promises to be fairly busy, as well, but hopefully not too crazy. It's kind of a vain hope, though, I expect.

But the weekend is on the horizon, so that's something! And it'll be a good one. Penny will get to dye eggs on Saturday (Alex is definitely too little to even try it, yet) and I get to put Easter baskets together and hide eggs for Penny and Alex to find (though Alex hasn't really glommed onto the game yet) and I'm considering making lamb for Easter dinner. (I need to get over to my local hoity-toity grocery store today and see what they've got -- it's only the 4 of us, so I don't want a whole leg, but they might be able to give me shank steaks or some stew cuts. It has to be today because I also need to pick up some chips for Alex's class party tomorrow. I've been forgetting that all week. Bad Mommy!)

Also, I need to go to Sam's Club to pick up diapers and chicken nuggets, so I should look around and see what else we need before I go.

And our front bushes are threatening to eat the porch, so I should get out the trimmer and hack at it for a while.

But I'm even looking forward to the chores, because they won't be work.

I just have to get through today and tomorrow...

No comments: