Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Misinterpreted

Someone vastly misinterpreted something I said yesterday, accused me of implying they were an idiot, and -- in effect -- stomped off in a huff.

Despite several witnesses agreeing with my "WTF?!" reaction and backing me up on this person's overreaction, it affected me more than it should have, nearly to the point of an honest-to-god anxiety attack. Several hours later, I was still feeling faintly nauseous.

Why do I do that to myself? Is it another manifestation of the stupid PMS thing? Even knowing that I hadn't done anything wrong, I let it eat me. Even thinking about certain other people makes me feel judged and anxious and inadequate. Why do I let people who don't even care about me that much matter so much?

More to the point, how do I stop it?

Sorry about this. I had a semi-lighthearted rant going in my head this morning that I was going to use, but it really kind of belongs over on the diet blog, not here. Maybe I'll get some time to post it later.

1 comment:

jenniebee said...

Even thinking about certain other people makes me feel judged and anxious and inadequate.File that one under "human condition." Anybody who tells you that there isn't anybody who affects them that way is just trying to be one of the people who makes you feel judged, etc.