Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

Nothing bad happened, but whole stacks of little irritants piled up. I ended up spending the entire afternoon yesterday in a self-indulgent case of the sulks.

And I can't even blame it on PMS, because the timing for that is completely wrong.

I wasn't sure I even wanted to go to book club last night, but I knew I had to get out of the house, so I went.

It turned out to be an excellent idea. A couple of us really liked the book, and several of us hated it. Those always lead to the best discussions. When we all feel the same about a book -- even if we really loved it -- there's not much to discuss. But with wildly diverging opinions, we all get to talk about what we did and didn't like, what drew us in and what pushed us away. We actually spent a good 2 hours talking about the book last night, which was fantastic -- we usually fall off at about half an hour.

It gave me some distance from some of my problems, or at least a short break from them, and let me regain my footing.

Today seems to have started out better. Let's hope it stays that way.

No comments: