Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow

It's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow. Anywhere from 6-12 inches, said the radio's weather report this morning, though I'm not sure I believe that.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. If it will hold off until after 4 or so this afternoon, when most of our driving around will be done, then the timing is just perfect. We don't have anywhere to go this weekend, or anything to do that can't be put off a bit. Snow that starts Friday evening and continues into Saturday doesn't cancel school or make work difficult to get to. We have plenty of food at home, even if the power should go out.

So there's nothing to the snow, for us, except to enjoy it. To see it turning the barren and sharp-edged browns and greys of winter into a soft blanket of white. To play with the kids, or just watch them play. To take my camera out and see what wonders I can capture. And then to curl up with a mug of hot chocolate or tea to banish the cold.

I'm hoping for a good, relaxing weekend.

No comments: