Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jetsetters

It looks like it's going to be a travel-icious year for us.

I'm planning a short trip by myself in February to celebrate having lost 100 pounds.

We're going to take a family trip in April while Penny's on spring break to Atlanta, to visit my grandmother (and so Matt and Alex can enjoy some of the tourist things Penny and I did back in November, or maybe some new things for all of us).

Then in July we'll go out to Chicago for probably about a week, for Matt's friend Jason's wedding and to visit Matt's family out there.

And I found out this morning that my cousin David is getting married at the end of August, so I'll be going back to Atlanta for that, I expect (though I don't know if that will be the whole family, or just me, or me and Penny, or what).

And that doesn't even include the possibility of travel for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or anything else that might pop up in the meantime.

Okay, maybe for most people this doesn't sound like a lot of travel, but for us, it's a pretty packed schedule. Especially with the kids in tow. Having the kids along always complicates things -- I admit to being slightly nervous about traveling with Alex right now, anyway: he still sleeps in a crib at home, but we won't have a crib to put him in, most of the places we're going. Do we lug along the old pack-and-play and hope he'll sleep in it, or put him on an air mattress on the floor?

Ah, well, at least we don't have to juggle bottles and formula for him anymore. And Penny got her very own suitcase (in pink!) for Christmas, so she's all set to be a seasoned traveler.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

When in July are you coming? It would be awesome to see you all if possible. I am going to be in CT for about 2 weeks in July, around the 4th.