Tuesday, July 13, 1999

Ack. I hate that. How come they have to pack the Kleenex box so tight that when I start a new box, invariably the first ten or so tissues get ripped in half as I pull them out of the box? They might as well just put ten or so fewer tissues in the box, and then I might actually get a kleenex to my nose before I sneeze.


The house is really coming together - we've got an appointment on Thursday to meet with the electrician so we can talk about where we want outlets and how much amperage we need for each circuit. I've been joking that I want an outlet everywhere that there's a stud to screw it to (that sounded very perverted). And Monday we have an appointment with the loan officer so we can lock in our loan rate. (I suspect him of stalling in hopes that the rate would go up a little more - it's already gone up about a quarter of a percent since we last talked to him.) We're moving in just over six weeks, if they finish on time. Pretty soon we'll want to do some preliminary packing, and in a few weeks we'll need to go shopping for a refrigerator.

Last week I talked to the apartment manager and arranged for us to extend our lease by one month. (They usually don't allow that, but since I was asking well over sixty days in advance, and since they can wrench an extra fee out of us for the extension, they were agreeable.) If the house is finished on time, it means we'll be paying an extra month's rent for no reason at all, but I think it's worth the extra cost to know that we won't have to move twice if the closing date gets moved.


I still am not working at work. I just talked to my supervisor and he gave me some hardware to look at that I can't look at until I get a connector cable for it, and promised to talk to some people to get me on a project. It's only been, what? A month? Six weeks? Sheesh. I bet it'll be next week before I actually get work. And even then, it'll be makework. ::sigh::


I'm freezing. I guess this is my punishment for scoffing at my grandfather all weekend for being chilled in my parents' 78-degrees house and forcing everyone to congregate on the 100-degrees porch. Now the weather has dropped 25 degrees overnight, and the sudden temperature change is settling in my bones. I'm always cold at work - I keep a flannel shirt at my desk because the temperature in the building is very badly regulated. But now I'm cold everywhere. And this is July? Oh, well, I'm not really complaining; I'd rather be chilled than overheated - I can always put on some more clothes or snuggle under a blanket.

But it's cool and rainy outside and all I want to do is crawl back into bed and... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: