Tuesday, July 27, 1999

People have started answering my journal and Matt's e-mail about helping us move. Four definites and a maybe so far - two definites and the maybe from out of town! I feel loved, after all. (Okay, I wasn't really feeling unloved. I know how unpleasant moving is, and I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to avoid it!) Now I just have to hope that they finish the house on time!

By the way, I've had a few questions about why my posts to the forum show up before anyone else's, even when I'm posting after someone else. The answer to that is simple: Because I'm the forum owner, and the system is set up to display the owner's posts before everyone else's (except for the original post in a thread). It's keyed on e-mail address, though, so from now on I'll try to remember to give my hotmail e-mail address when I'm replying to posts so they show up in chronological order. The forum's been sortof busy in the last week or so - if you haven't been by in the last week (or ever), you should stop in!


So after spending most of yesterday fighting with it, I think I've got my system working again. Sortof. Mostly. Because of some permission peculiarities, I have to log out and log back in the old way in order to install programs, make directories available to the network, and eject my Zip disk. That last one is pretty annoying. But at least I know why, now. I took advantage of the re-install to rearrange my system and get rid of some chaff. I managed to lose all of my bookmarks, though. I really need to remember to back those things up.


Not much to talk about today, I guess. Sorry, guys.

No comments: