Monday, July 12, 1999

Things That Woke Me Up This Weekend
  • ssssssssssWHAP!THUMP!WHAM! Which is to say, a book fell over and landed in the garbage can, knocking the can over. That one had me sitting bolt upright by the time we'd reached the THUMP! stage.
  • The cat, wanting to be cuddled.
  • The muffled pop of the fitted sheet coming off the matress.
  • The cat, wanting to be fed.
  • The scratchy feel of the uncovered matress.
  • The cat, wanting to be let outside.
  • Matt, rolling over into my side of the bed to avoid the scratchy uncovered matress on his side.
  • The cat, visciously attacking my toes.
  • A dream in which I was writing a letter to a friend with advice about some marriage problems (problems that existed only in the dream universe) while simultaneously trying to figure out what to do about a marriage problem of my own (another problem that existed only in the dream universe.)
  • The cat, purring in my ear.
  • The radio alarm: "-nother real scorcher today, so try to stay inside..."
  • The cat, not sure what he wants, but making sure I was ready to provide it.
  • A stiff and aching back.
  • The cat, breathing in my face.
  • Matt, breathing in my face.

No comments: