Friday, July 30, 1999

So. Yesterday I made arrangements to switch our phone service when we move. Hoo boy, was that complicated. Dual service and adding a second line makes for a pot of fun. Sometime soon I need to call MCI and make sure they'll treat our two lines as a single account. We can't really escape from the minimum long-distance fees, but I want to make sure we're only charged for them once!

We need to start making arrangements to switch the rest of our utilities over, too. It took me over half an hour to do the phone service. I suggested that as this month's bills come in, we call the various companies and make arrangements. How we'll get ahold of services we've never used before (like water, sewage, and trash pickup) I don't know. One thing at a time...


When we got in the car this morning, our radio station was taking calls from people who were donating money to the Ronald McDonald House. The second caller told us that when her son was born, his lungs weren't fully developed and he'd stayed in the hospital for several days until he died, and that she and her husband had stayed at the Ronald McDonald house during that time - and that the house wouldn't take any money from them.

I think that was a wonderful thing that they did for this woman, and I'm glad people are donating to them, but I didn't need to start my day with tears in my eyes.


I was extremely grateful when the cat woke me up last night. I had been dreaming in ASCII. Lately I've been playing an ASCII game called Moria a lot, and in the dream, I was wandering through a Moria maze and had just stumbled across two D's and a V (which is to say, for those of you who aren't familiar with the game, two ancient dragons and a vampire). Maybe I need to find a new game for a while. A few years ago, I started dreaming in Tetris, which wasn't fun at all.

No comments: