Tuesday, July 20, 1999

No-one at all posted in the forum yesterday. Was the question that boring? You guys can post your own questions if you think mine are stupid, you know! At any rate, I'm way too sleepy to think up a new question today, so you're stuck with what's there.


So, the meeting with the loan officer didn't happen. He lost his daybook and didn't remember to meet us, so we've rescheduled for Wednesday. I'm not very happy about this guy. He was supposed to call us months ago to tell us about the different loan programs, but didn't, so instead we'll hear about them all at once and have to make a decision about them under pressure. I've gotten such a bad attitude about the people building the house for us that I actually suggested to Matt that he's just stalling in the hopes that interest rates will go up again before we can finish the paperwork.

As long as we were at the model office yesterday, we left a note for Donald - the construction supervisor - asking a few questions and making a few reminders. The real estate agent who was there looked it over and asked if we'd gotten this stuff put on our contract. We were pretty sure we had, and the copy of our contract isn't at the model house so he couldn't check. But Matt dug it out last night and looked at it, and none of it was there. But we definitely remember talking to Nancy about all this stuff beforehand. Did she tell us that these things didn't have to be contracted? Or did we forget to tell her to put them on the contract? What gives? Matt and I are a little irritable about it, since adding everything now is going to cost us a pretty penny.


I'm so sleepy this morning that I'm almost nauseous. I have got to get to bed on time tonight.


I added a picture to the family reunion photo album yesterday. I didn't bother mentioning it in the change history because it's such a minor thing, but I wanted to mention it somewhere. The picture I added is the formal family portrait. I think it looks nice, except that the background is so dark that some of the dark-haired people look like their heads just stop at the top of the forehead. I hope it looks better on the actual print.


We're going to a baseball game on Saturday as an office event. Matt's pretty excited about it, and I'm looking forward to it, too. I've only ever been to one live baseball game before (not counting gym class or Little League) and that was in Richmond. (These are minor leagues and farm teams, you understand; Hampton Roads has been trying for years to attract a major-league sport, but has so far been totally unsuccessful.) The last baseball game I went to was for the Richmond Braves, which is a farm team for Atlanta. They played, um... I forget. I remember that it was a Canadian team, because they played both national anthems and the crowd in the stands was moderately rude about the Canadian anthem. But I had a lot of fun. I was there with K.T., her mother, and Matt (who at the time was dating K.T.) and the three of them tried to explain what was going on to me. A lot of it didn't make any sense, but I had a great time. That game had to go through three extra innings before the Canadian team finally broke the tie. By the time it was over, I was starving (having had only a pretzel) and sunburned and hoarse from yelling.

The Tidewater Tides are connected to the New York Mets, if I'm not mistaken. Matt was poking around their website yesterday and noticed the souvenier prices. He confessed to "going fogey" at the $20 price tag on a simple cap. I goggled and told him I'd join him in the old folks' home over that one. I wonder how much it's going to cost us to have a hot dog and a pretzel at the game? Oh, well, it should be fun.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to crawl under my desk and go back to sleep...

No comments: