Wednesday, July 7, 1999

Okay, so I didn't update again yesterday. I worked on my photo album instead. I want to work on the look of that main page some, but I think I'm finally happy with the organization.


If money was no object, where would you go and what would you do? That's what I was thinking about in the shower this morning.

I'd put together my own darkroom, and learn photography again. Maybe take it as an art class (rather than a mechanics class) and learn photographic composition. Color, or just black and white? I'm not sure. It's easier to be artistic with black and white - or maybe that's just this Ansel Adams perception thing. Maybe you can be just as creative in color. Maybe people discount color photography as truly artistic because it's so much easier.

I'd learn how to ride horseback. I don't know that I'd want my own horse, but maybe I would, once I learned. Or maybe I'd just like to take lessons and rent a horse from a stable to go on rides. I've only ever been on a horse twice before, but I loved it both times.

I'd learn how to ride a motorcycle. It gives my mom the willies when I say that, but I think it would be fun. I wouldn't want a motorcycle as a means of transportation - just as recreation. I promise right now that I'll always wear a helmet.

I'd travel. There are hundreds of places I'd like to go, if I could travel in style. I wouldn't want to fly overseas in a cramped commuter class seat, but I might be okay with going first class. Or maybe on a ship. (I don't know about the ship. I get motion sick in cars and occasionally in planes, but if I take Dramamine regularly I'm usually fine.) But I'd like to try taking a cruise. To the Bahamas or the Caribbean. And I'd take my mom on an Alaskan cruise. I want to spend six months doing a grand tour of Europe. I want to be someplace and feel steeped in history. I want to go to Pompeii and Herculaneum and view the ruins and try to imagine living in those cities, in those times. I want to go to London and see the changing of the guard and watch shows. I want to go to Germany and do a leisurely Rhine River tour and look at the castles along its banks. I want to see what's left of the Berlin Wall, because even thinking about it gives me the shivers. (Did you know, the Berlin Wall came down, officially, on my eighteenth birthday? How cool is that!)

I'd take another six months and do a grand tour of North America. (I was going to say the U.S., but I'd like to go to Canada, too. I've heard Vancouver and Ontario are beautiful cities.) I'd go to Maine and try lobster for the first time. I'd go to Cape Canaveral for a shuttle launch. I'd go to Seattle and go to the top of the Space Needle. I'd go to Chicago and take in a Cubs game. I'd go to L.A. and spend a couple of days watching for celebrities. (I didn't promise to be tasteful!) I'd go to Las Vegas and spend a little time gambling, but most of it watching shows. I'd go to New Orleans for Mardis Gras and watch it all from a balcony window. (I can only handle crowds in limited doses.) I'd go to Disney World every three years, and stay in their poshest resorts. But I'd go in the fall or winter, when it's not as crowded.


Nothing like a little fantasy to start the day.

No comments: