Monday, August 23, 1999

I dreamed last night that the new house doesn't have air conditioning, because we hadn't told them that we'd wanted it. When I woke up, I wasn't sure it wasn't true, and I laid there in the dark for a while trying to figure out where they were going to put the temperature control box and the A/C unit. I still feel a little iffy about it, though logically, since the original concept for the builder was a low-allergy zone, A/C is necessary.

But logic has nothing to do with it. We're supposed to be closing on the house Friday morning, and until I actually have a key in my hot little hands, I'm going to be moderately irrational about this.

I realized yesterday while putting together my pillbox for the week that I'm going to be PMS-ing this week. As if I wasn't tense enough to begin with. I told Matt and he threatened to take the cat and barricade himself in the computer room. Actually I don't usually PMS very badly, but why do I get the feeling that this time will be an exception?


I saw the niftiest paint job this morning on the way to work. I didn't even notice what kind of car it was, but the paint job looked like a very smooth oil slick. As my visual angle on the car changed, the color warped from purple to yellow to green and back again. Very neat.


It's gonna be a weird week for meals. We're trying to eat up as much of the food in our apartment as possible so we have less of it to move to the house this weekend. So we only picked up milk and fruit and a little soda at the store. Today and tomorrow are likely to be fairly sane, but I dunno about the rest of the week. I can see myself coming in to work on Wednesday with a can of bamboo shoots, half a bottle of raspberry viniagrette salad dressing, and an old potato.

The festivities begin on Thursday - let the countdown begin! T - 3...

No comments: