Tuesday, August 24, 1999

Major progress on the house yesterday - for the first time in over a week I finally felt like they might actually possibly get us in on time! I spent yesterday evening bouncing like a kid. It's amazing how just loosening the tension can have so much effect.

The Phillips' added their names to the list of helpers, and as I'm counting everyone up on my fingers, including my parents, we could well have as many as 20 people in our house at one time. Twenty-one if Jeff manages to make the trip. Holy cow, that's a lot of people! I'm not sure that many people would fit in our apartment all at once, even standing! It's a good thing most of them will be going home to sleep!

They were talking off the Meade Hall last night about swapping anime, as well, but I don't know when they'll find the time. Friday night, maybe, since we're not actually planning on moving then. Though since we'll likely have disconnected the TV and stuff, they'll have to go over to someone else's house to watch it. But that's fine. I'm not a big anime fan, myself - I can watch a couple of episodes of something, or a movie, and then I want to turn it off and do something else. And all these people are going to be here that I haven't seen for a long time - to be honest, I don't even want to game. I just want to talk and visit.

But it's fine with me what everyone else does. I'm going to be obsessing about the house too much to worry about it. ::grin::

Anyway, I was going to try not to obsess over here about the house too much, since I'm also updating over on the house page, but the festivities begin tonight, really (Mom is taking us shopping for some necessities) and closing is in three days, and it's just about all I can think about. You'll just have to suffer.

No comments: