Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Morning Cloud

I didn't get to sleep until after midnight last night. I stayed up late reading, and then wasn't quite asleep when Matt got home from a meetup with an old friend from college. (Wish I'd been able to go, too -- it sounded like fun. Oh, well, maybe next time we'll get enough notice to arrange to meet for dinner instead of late night drinks and we can bring the kids along.)

As a result, my head is a little fuzzy this morning, like there's a cloud floating around it.

I'm trying to get tickets to fly out and visit my grandmother, but it kind of sucks. So far, I have three choices: I can leave Norfolk before 7am (meaning I'd have to get up at 4am), I can get back to Norfolk on my return flight after 11pm (meaning I'd get home around 1am -- and have to go to work the next day) or I can pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $350 for my tickets. Grr.

Today I'll try going directly through the airlines instead of the resellers; sometimes they have combinations that aren't available elsewhere. Failing that... I dunno, maybe I'll push my trip out a couple of weeks and go in mid-June; Grandmom's health is failing -- she may or may not make it to Christmas, depending entirely on her own stubbornness and strength of will (which is considerable) -- but she's not on her deathbed right at the moment.

It's a ponderance.

No comments: