Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pessimism

I'm feeling pessimistic today.

Weigh-in wasn't all I'd hoped for this morning; and my workout last night was horrid; and I'm going out of town this coming weekend, which is never good for diets.

It's time to teach Penny some hard lessons about planning ahead, and even though I carefully explained to her last night about it, she chose poorly, and she's going to run into a wall with it this weekend (if not before). While I'm not here, so I'm feeling guilty for having to drop that on Matt's head.

I'm going to San Antonio this weekend to visit my grandmother. While I'm there, I'll be helping my dad and my uncle sort through her possessions so they can arrange to move her from her apartment into an assisted-living facility. She's been fighting that move for a while now, but it's a bit overdue; her memory is really too bad for her to be living alone anymore. It's sad, watching her fade away like this, and I'm terrified -- terrified -- that she'll turn into something like Matt's stepmom's Granny, who doesn't recognize anyone and is convinced that she's lost and living in a strange house.

And that's on top of the usual dissatisfaction with work, and the everyday personal junk, and... bleh.

Tell you what. Back up and check out last night's post about Alex's talking, and pretend that's what I wrote about today, 'kay? 'Kay.

No comments: